Last updated on September 1, 2023
What information do we collect?
Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the Services, including when you create an account for DCDC’s Customer Portal or otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request. The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to, (a) your name, contact information, username, password, and other registration information; (b) professional information such as the name of your employer and contact information; (c) nature of product or service requested; (d) payment information, such as credit card number and billing address; and (e) information you provide us when you contact us.
Information Automatically Collected From You – We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Services, such as your Internet Protocol address, your general geographic location, your browser type, your device, your operating system, the pages you view on the Services, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Services, and the search terms you enter on the Services. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Services, and to improve the Services and the services we provide. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Services save on your computer using your web browser and accesses when you return, or similar technologies.
How do we use this information?
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with products, services, or information you request;
- processing your transactions with us, including purchases and refunds;
- providing you with information about the Services or required notices;
- customizing your experience when using the Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Services and providing you with content based on your interests;
- allowing us to improve the Services and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Services;
- as required by law, rule or regulation, legal request, subpoena, or other legal process or requirement; and
Under what circumstances do we disclose this information?
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Services:
- to third parties that provide services to us in connection with our business operations and that have agreed to keep the information confidential, including without limitation third parties that provide technical services in connection with our operation of the Services;
- to our exhibitor and content provider customers, which may use the information you provide for their own business operations;
- to business partners that may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (a) to protect our rights, the integrity of the Services, or your safety or the safety of others; or (b) to detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of law, or other misuse of the Services; and
- to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
In addition, we may share de-identified reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, as well as de-identified information, with third parties.
The Services also may contain third-party links. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Where is this information processed?
Information collected through the Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which, if you are not located in the United States, may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States.
How is your information secured?
We have administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.